Terenure College Swimming Pool is committed to securing as far as is reasonably practicable the safety, health and welfare of all staff and visitors to it’s premises, by ensuring that the establishment complies with the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act 2005.
Swimming Pool Rules
- In the interest of hygiene all bathers must shower before they swim.
- All Bathers must wear a swim cap.
- Children under the age of 8 must be directly supervised by an adult in the pool at all times in the ratio of one adult to two children.
- Infants and children who are not yet toilet trained must wear an approved swim nappy.
- Running, pushing, wrestling, or causing undue disturbance in or about the pool area will not be tolerated.
- No glass containers or food of any kind are allowed in the pool area.
- Ball games are not permitted in the pool (unless part of an organised activity).
- Persons who have recently consumed alcohol will not be permitted to use any of the facilities.
- Proper swimming attire must be worn in the pool including swim hats.
- All child non-swimmers must wear buoyancy aids which are available for purchase.
- Diving is not permitted in any part of the Pool unless under instruction.
- The use of diving masks and flippers are not permitted during public sessions.
- All non-swimmers should not swim out of their depth.
- Whilst every care has been taken in the design of Terenure College Swimming Pool to ensure that surfaces are slip resistant, care should be taken on wet floors – NO RUNNING IS ALLOWED AT ANYTIME.
- Only Swimming Pool staff are allowed on the pool deck.
- Visitors accompanying swimmers must use the viewing area.
- The Lifeguards’ instructions must be followed at all times.
- Please remove all jewellery before entering the pool.
The Management reserves the right of admission and has absolute right to remove any
bather or visitor at any time.